The minimum recommended server requirements to run an instance of AX (Supervisor or SoftJACE) and Periscope are as follows:
Host PC Requirements
The minimum PC requirements for an AX-3.7 or AX-3.8 SoftJACE are as follows:
• PC platform with Intel or AMD CPU, 400 MHz or higher. A recommended minimum CPU is at least
an Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo, 2 GHz or higher, or an equivalent AMD CPU. The CPU must be compatible
with the Windows operating system. Please note that unlike in early NiagaraAX releases, a
“multi core processor” does provide performance benefits in Niagara.
• Windows1 operating system, for example Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32-bit or
64-bit), Windows Server 2003 or 2008 (32-bit or 64-bit).
If AX-3.8, Windows 8 Professional and Windows Server 2012 are also supported (32-bit or 64-bit).
NiagaraAX-3.7, -3.8 AX SoftJACE Install & Startup Guide 3 Product Description Included in the SoftJACE package December 16, 2013
• 2GB or more system RAM (4GB or more recommended if a 64-bit Windows OS).
• 2GB or more of available hard drive space, with 10GB minimum drive space recommended.
• An Ethernet 100 Mbit or 1Gbit NIC (network interface card), with TCP/IP support, to use for primary
access. If desired, an additional NIC or WiFi adapter (801.11b/g) may be optionally utilized by
some NiagaraAX drivers, to isolate the driver’s network traffic.
• For the initial loading of software, either a CDROM drive, along with keyboard, mouse, and monitor,
or the SoftJACE host configured to support a Windows Remote Desktop Connection.
Supported Windows operating systems can be found at https://community.niagara-central.com/ord?portal:/dev/wiki/Supported_Windows_Operating_Systems.
We typically recommend 5 GB of hard drive space, 4 GB of RAM, and Win 7, Win Server 2008 or 2012 for the platform.