How to copy a Periscope dashboard to another user.
Posted by Kim Melander on 01 December 2014 10:01 AM
Copying an Existing Dashboard for a New User.
There are a few ways to copy an existing user's dashboard to a new Periscope user:
- Using the "User Manager" in Periscope config.
- Using the Periscope user file folder in your Niagara AX station.
Option 1 - Using the "Copy Dashboard" Feature in Periscope Config.
- Login to Periscope config and select "User Manager" in the lower right hand corner of the "Locations" tab.
- Select "Add User" to add a new Periscope dashboard user.
- In the "Add User" field, the second option is "Duplicate Dashboard".
- Check the "Duplicate Dashboard" box and select the appropriate user from the dropdown menu that you want to copy for your new user. (NOTE - The "Template" option in the "Add User" field is used to copy an existing user's Niagara AX permissions, not their dashboard.)
- When the new user is created, they will login and their dashboard will look the same as the user who was copied.
Option 2 - Using the Periscope User File Folder in Your Niagara AX Station.
- Open your "files" on the station that Periscope is installed
- Navigate to "/Periscope/Users"
- Copy the folder that matches the user name you wish to duplicate
- Paste the folder and rename it to the new user name (must match an existing AX user)
- Open up the newly renamed folder
- Open the "pods.xml" file
- Search and Replace the old user name with the new user name. (NOTE - When you paste the copied folder, you will overwrite that users dashboard.)